Finding Yourself After Baby

You know how there's this big cultural hoopla surrounding the idea of "finding yourself" during your teens and early twenties? I was well prepared for that transition, and feel like I came out of that period relatively unscathed thanks to loving friends and supportive family. Even while I was going through that cliché "Who I am really?" teen struggle, I still had a fairly strong sense of identity. I knew where I'd been, who I was, and where I wanted to go with that information.

However, having a baby has totally thrown me for a loop. Nobody told me how hard it was to be both a mother and keep up with friends, be a good wife, or keep up with previous passions and hobbies. Don't get me wrong - I would never in a million years want to go back to life pre-baby. I adore being Amelia's mommy. Heck, I've wanted to be a mother my whole life. This is a dream come true.



I just want to figure out how to be a good mom, while remaining a well-rounded person, who continues to develop hobbies and interests outside of her children.

Every conversation I've had recently has revolved around baby. And every time I've come to this space recently to draft a post, it's been about her, even though I really don't want to be a mommy blogger. So I click on the little x in corner and try again a few days later.

I'm hoping this is just a phase, and that I'll soon be able to balance my new role a little better, while continuing to try new things and grow as a person.

_________________________________________________________________

Anyone else feel like finding yourself after baby was an awkward stage? Any tips?

Comments

Popular Posts