My New Year's Style Resolutions

I have no idea how some people get their entire list of yearly goals set up and defined by the first of January. I usually still getting over the end of Christmas, and feel like New Year's day just pops up out of nowhere. After that I need another week or so to start brainstorming.

Lately, I've been thinking a lot about my post-baby wardrobe. I really love the small set of maternity basics that I've picked up during this pregnancy, but my wardrobe will need some serious updating after baby comes. I've been pregnant or just getting over a lost pregnancy, and therefore not investing in clothing, since September 2013. I thought it'd be fun to share some of my wardrobe goals for this year as I replace some a few of my older pieces. :)


Sophie Hulme, Jo Malone, Ash Spiral Ankle Boots Booties Black, White Blouse, Essie Nail Polish



The Theme: Streamline and Simplify.

Everything goes with black. If in doubt buy it in black. I'm by no means a fashionista, and I've learned that the easier things are to match, the more fun it is for me to create outfits.

More white. White is just classy and ditto everything I mentioned above about black. It all applies to white as well.

One in - One out. I have a pretty small wardrobe, and I like it that way. I don't want more stuff. That just wastes space in a small apartment. I want better, higher quality stuff that I can do more with.

Invest in a handbag. I've always been kind of cheap when it comes to handbags, but that strategy hasn't been working out so well for me in France. A "cheap" bag here might run me $40-$50 (hors soldes), and generally, the quality of the handbag won't be nearly as good as one I could have picked up on clearance at Target back home for $10. So I'm giving up and giving in. This year I'm saving up for a nice leather bag from a reputable company.

White Converse. I remember reading somewhere that wearing white shoes in France makes you look like an American tourist, and that they're considered really tacky. This may or may not have been true a few years ago. I don't know. But slim fitting white tennies have been highly sought after the last few years. Elles sont trop classe. Now for the tricky part: How am I going to keep them clean?

Find the perfect boots. I want a pair of comfy black ankle boots with a dip in the front, and I think I've may have found them. I've been drooling over these Ash Spiral boots for several months now, but couldn't quite justify the price. Until Saturday, when I stumbled across them on the Ash Outlet website for half off! I'm just dying to see how they actually fit when they arrive.  .:fingers crossed:.

Really play up the accessories. Personally, I love wearing a really basic outfit and then playing with color in the accessories or in my makeup.

............................................................................................


These are by no means fashion "rules" or guidelines or whatever. I've just been loving the look of this style lately and am excited to make a few changes for myself. Also, that Sophie Hulme bag? I don't think I could ever justify spending that much on a bag, but it's just so pretty.  A girl can dream, right?

What are you excited to be adding to your wardrobe this year? 
Anything you've been lusting after? :)

Comments

Popular Posts