If I Could Only Give You One Beauty Tip....

...it would be this: use dry shampoo before you need it, preferably just before going to bed.

Dry shampoo is awesome for when your hair starts looking a little limp and for hiding that "heady" smell that very few people enjoy. I love the stuff.

But what no one tells you is that it's more effective if you use it the night before you start looking like a grease ball. For me, that's just before day 2.5 hits.





Just a few early bird benefits:

1. If needed, it adds grit, texture, and a little bit of volume to freshly washed hair.


2. If applied early, it absorbs the oil as it comes, rather than working as a cover up when you realize that you've let things go on too long.

3. This helps keep your style in place longer.

4. It helps your scalp to stay smelling fresh. 


5. If you apply dry shampoo overnight, it has time to really get moved around and rubbed in there. Goodbye visible, white, powdery patches!


There will be a lot less work for you to do in the morning, even if you still need to touch up a few areas. I've been using Lush's dry shampoo this way for the last couple of months, and I can't tell you how much easier it's made my hair routine.

Anyone else tried this yet? If you do, be sure to let me know how it goes. I'm curious as to how this might work on different hair/skin types.

Comments

Popular Posts