What's in My Make Up Bag? - Wedding Edition

Is it just me, or is there something rather fancy feeling about out of town weddings? I love packing away in my little suitcase for the weekend and taking off. Since running around Europe as I student, I've gotten the outfit part down. This last time around I got everything I needed - including shoes - to fit into half of the carry-on sized roller bag I was sharing with my husband.

I was so proud of myself!!! Until it came time to pack toiletries. I just want to take my whole bathroom with me, every time I go on vacation. Any tips from fellow goo-hoarders would be greatly appreciated.



Today, instead of showing you all of the crud I tried to shove in my little Zoeva purse, I'm only going to show you what I actually used in the hopes that this will be somewhat useful the next time you go on holiday.

Eyeshadow: I've raved about the Naked palette before, so I won't go into much detail. But basically this is "the one" for me. You create really simple looks for go for a dramatic smokey eye, and there are at least a bazillion Naked tutorials on Youtube in case your not sure how to use it.

Foundation: I have a love hate relationship with NARS. When my skin is dry in the winter, it tends to cling to every single dry patch and refuses to blend properly, but as soon as the weather warms up it blends like a dream. This might be due to the fact that there's no heating in our bathroom, but NARS is the only foundation I own that finicky when it comes to temperature.

That being said, it covers well, has no SPF, and makes your skin looking freaking fantastic in photos if your wearing the right color.

CC Cream: The Bourjois CC Cream is just to die for. I've switched to the shade 31 Ivory, now that my fake tan's faded. It feels like your wearing absolutely nothing, but the coverage is still great and it's got SPF. It's my everyday foundation, as long as I'm not planning on taking photos (SPF reacts weird with camera flashes, and you end up looking ghostly).

Concealer: NYX's HD concealer in light is my favorite option for nonsparkly/nonshiny highlighting. It's really good for brightening the under eye area. Most people love that it leaves the eye area crease free, but unfortunately I look about 20 years older three hours after applying it unless I blot it first, a cheap trick you can read all about here.

Mascara: I took along a Kiko Luxurious Lashes mascara I was testing out for my top lashes, and I'll be honest it was pretty boring. There was nothing wrong with it, it's just not as dramatic as I was hoping it would be.

I also brought Maybelline Great Lash waterproof for the bottom lashes, because the wand is sufficiently small, it's waterproof enough to prevent panda eyes, and it's cheap. What's up with these $40 mascaras that are specifically designed for just the bottom lashes? Kind of sounds like a rip off to me. If anyone feels differently, please share your experience below.

Eyebrows: Benefit Gimme Brow. Sigh. I'm kind of upset that I like this so much, because it's so expensive - 25€ for an itty-bitty bottle. But it's just magic in a tube. It fills in, darkens, and sets my lashes all while looking completely natural and I'm good to go in under two minutes. It's not just colored brow gel, it's magic in a tube (at least for me).

If any knows of any good dupes, I would love to hear about them.

Blush and Contouring: Here I went for a Sleek Blush by 3 palette in Lace and used their light contouring kit. Quite frankly, they're cheap, come with tons of product, and really get the job done very well. They also ship really cheaply to America and all around Europe. Yay!

Here's how it turned out:




Note: I'm big believer in wearing conservative makeup on someone else's wedding day. No need to steal the bride's thunder in photos, right?

Comments

Popular Posts