Friday Flop: Yves Rocher Texturizing Styling Spray

I mostly chat with you guys about things that I love. But I think it's important to mention when a product disappoints you as well.

I don't want to bad mouth a product when the real problem is my own incompetence. Maybe I don't like it, because I'm applying it the wrong way. Maybe I'm using too much or too little. Maybe it just didn't work with my skin/hair type, but would look fabulous on someone else. See the problem?

So the disclaimer of the day is that this product might work for you, even though it certainly didn't for me.

Having several points of view helps you make a better choice, right?

.............................................................................................................

Jumping right on in - I bought this Yves Rocher Texturizing Styling Spray two months ago, and I can't figure out a way to make it not suck.

I've tried going extremely light, adding a bit more, spraying up close, spraying from a distance, on wet hair, on dry hair, on damp hair. Nothing works.



What I loved

It came in a pretty bottle.

It was relatively cheap.



What I hated

It smells like rotting flowers.
I normally like floral scents on other people, even if I don't like them on myself. But this one smells strong and absolutely terrible. Does anyone actually like the smell of this?

It leaves a sort of thick dried tapioca texture in my hair if I don't respect the 30cm distance recommendation.

It makes my hair even more flat.

I need to wash my hair with in 12 hours of using this product or it starts getting greasy.

It makes my hair feel stiff.

It's drying - leaves my scalp a bit itchy.

It comes off in large white flakes, even when you use small amounts. My husband thought I'd come down with a sudden case of dandruff.

...........................................................


I think I just had really bad luck, because all the products that I bought from Yves Rocher that day ended up being terrible quality. Does anyone have any products from Yves Rocher that they'd recommend? Because their prices are great. I'd really love to find a few must have products.

If anyone knows how I could recycle this, please let me know! I feel like it's so bad, it would be rude to pass it onto a friend.

Comments

Popular Posts