A Bit of Blue this Spring?

The nineties are back and so is blue eye shadow - at least on the runway.

The trick with this trend is finding a way to make it work with out looking too dated, unless retro is what you're going for of course. My personal favorite look, is a light navy smokey eye, or just going for a bit of blue liner. I especially love how Vivianna wore it here.

Pastels are also big this spring (aren't pastels big every spring?), but I don't pull them off as well as I'd like to. They tend to make me look even paler. Maybe if I wore a bit of self tanner...

Of course, if you're feeling bold, you can just jump in with a splash of color, and swipe it all over your lid.
(I originally typed "wipe" it all over your lid. But "swipe" just sounds so much more delicate and artistic.)



What do you think about blue eye shadow? Do you think it's wearable? I'm thinking it will nice this summer to pair with a neutral outfit. Maybe just a pop of blue liner while wearing a white flowing top and denim shorts?


...............................................................................

P.s. I will be redoing these photos as soon as I get a camera that actually works. These were taken with point-and-shoot digital camera. Is it sad that my phone often takes better pictures than my real camera?

Comments

Popular Posts