Beauty Bloggers that Don't Sugar Coat

Because sometimes you just don't have time to sort through the bull crap.

Usually, I really love reading from or watching videos of ladies that are just like me - not necessarily professionals, but they really love makeup and know more or less what they're talking about. That stuff's great, has helped me find some great products, and let's be honest - tends to be really fluffy. Sometimes you have to really sort through the large fluff of enthusiasm to figure out whether or not something's worth trying.

But then they are the bloggers who are absolute artists, and I feel a bit smarter every time I read or watch something from them. They never rave on and on about crap products because someone's paying them to do so. What you see is what you get, and they genuinely know what they're talking about.


Brightest Bulb in the Box

I can't for the life of me figure why there aren't more people following this girl. She is part beauty lover/part scientist and isn't afraid to do a fair bit of research before telling you what she really thinks of a product. Skim through her archives. I promise you'll feel like a more informed beauty-buyer afterwards. She will definitely make you think more critically about make-up, and even though she and I don't exactly have the same taste, she's saved me lots of pretty pennies.

You can start with this post that demonstrates exactly why you need to clean your brushes, or check out this one that will definitely make you think twice about your BB cream and about how make up products are tested. E. Coli. anyone?


Lisa Eldrige 

So classy, so elegant, and never tacky. Lisa is a very serious makeup artist and very professional in all of her videos, yet she explains things simply enough that it's fairly easy to follow along.



I'm really, really loving orange lip colors right now, so this tutorial is my current favorite!


Wayne Goss

He really knows his stuff, is funny yet professional, and tells you very clearly when hyped up products suck. He's even gotten in trouble with certain companies before. He also has great tips, that go above and way beyond what you'll find on Pinterest.




.............................................

Do you have any that you'd like to add? Who am I missing?

Comments

Popular Posts