On the Hunt for the Best Peanut Butter in France

Hello friends! Today's post is going to be short and sweet. I have an American friend here at church who lives here with her family and we were some how got around to discussing peanut butter. The trouble is that when I first came to France, I had a ridiculously hard time finding good peanut butter for a decent price.

Just as a side note, the Carrefour brand peanut butter (the one with a blue lid) tends to be incredibly salty. I just can't eat it, even when it's in a sandwich.

Turns out my friend was having the same problem. Her family goes through those itty-bitty (super expensive) jars of peanut butter incredibly quickly. So I let her in on a little secret that I discovered a few months back.

My favorite peanut butter, which is also one of the cheapest, comes in a rather large jar, and you find it in the Asian food markets of all places. Twas a happy little discovery.

She asked me to send her a picture so that she could look for it too, and I decided to post it here on the interwebs, just in case there are any other peanut butter lovers on the hunt for a good deal.


The Best French Peanut Butter


Price: About 3€


The texture on this one is closest to that of a natural peanut butter. It even comes with a thin layer of oil on top. You have to mix it in, which really doesn't bother me, but it does bother some people so I figured it was worth mentioning. It's just so creamy and good. Miam.

.................................

Now if you're really an American peanut butter purist, they do sell the good-ol' Skippy brand at Simply Market as well as a few other grocery stores. But it is rather expensive, and you only get a teeny bit.

As for chunky PB fans, I'm afraid you'll have to ask someone else. I really don't like it and haven't ever searched for it here.


.......................................

P.s. I also noticed that they sell peanut butter in a tin can in my nearby Asian market. It's got a picture of a little blond boy and his dog on the front. Definitely haven't been brave enough to try that one yet.

Comments

Popular Posts