Cou Cou Les Filles!

When I went on my blog vacation, I told myself that I'd only come back if I made a few major changes. So here we go!

1. Un-branding

When I first started blogging, everyone and their dog was talking about how it important it was to brand yourself - to come up with some catchy name and concept so that you stand out. To be honest, every name/title I tried on felt silly and a little superficial. But it was fun, and I jumped onto the bandwagon.

Then I decided that I wasn't actually looking for any of the things that come along with branding yourself. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I just wasn't feeling it. It was making blogging less natural, and a lot less fun for me.

This time around I went for a name that was simple, accurate, and quite possibly boring. But I think it sums things up pretty nicely. No gimmicks.

2. Sponsors

I have made the decision not to accept any sponsors or button swaps for my blog.

However, if you go look under the "Must Reads" title on the side bar, I will occasionally feature a blog (or two) that I genuinely enjoy reading. Big blogs, medium blogs, little blogs, whatever - just blogs that are currently making me happy. I might leave them up for a week, or two months. It really won't be a structured thing. I won't be alerting the blog owners or making a big deal about. And it's definitely not a sponsorship. It's just a little, random, shout-out to a blogger that I think my readers might love as much as I do.

3. Posting Less

I will only be posting when I actually have something that I really want to share. Posting 5 days a week is really good way to get burned out quickly.

4. Comments

I've change my domain and Disqus is currently migrating all of the old threads to the new domain. So commenting should be back to normal in a few hours. Sorry about that. :(

On to business: Before my blogging break, I would spend 3-6 hours a day answering comments and e-mails. I love you all dearly, but I just could not keep up with it. When I missed a day I never was never able to get caught up, and then would feel guilty.

Coming back, I will be focusing on spending more time with my family and on my work. I'll do my absolute best to answer all your questions and I will still read every comment. They make blogging so rewarding, and I love seeing how readers connected (or not) with my posts. It helps me make more useful and interesting content.

..............................................


Thank you so much for all of your support. 

Comments

Popular Posts