Six Things You Should Know About Me

If you read a lot of blogs, you've probably seen this little button hopping around recently.


I was lucky enough to be tagged by Lisette, Bonnie, and Kristin, so I thought I'd hop along and do it as well. :) 



1. Is this how you imagined your life would be?

Good heavens, no. The husband and I were talking about this one the other day. I met him at the ripe old age of 19. Had you asked me at 18 if I was planning on studying abroad for an entire calendar year in France, meeting the love of my life, packing my entire life into one suitcase after graduation, and moving permanently across the Atlantic by the time I was 21, I probably would have asked if you were insane. 

2. If money were no question, I’d purchase…

A life time supply of plane tickets! That way I could go visit my friends & family whenever I wanted, no matter what side of the globe they're on. :)

If you would like to hear my sillier response, I wrote a post about what I'd do if I won the lottery here. 

3. A book you could or have reread over and over?

The entire Harry Potter series. I don't think this one needs any explanation.

4. What do you love about yourself?

I love being bilingual. Not because it's a characteristic that I was born with, but because I worked really, really hard to become that way. Ever since I was a little girl and saw Beauty and the Beast first time, I've had a bit of a crush on the French language. This is an accomplishment that I'm really proud of.

As far as body love goes, I really love having little ears and my curvy thighs. I feel like women are supposed to hate their thighs, but I just don't. Mine are perfectly fine and in excellent health. They enable me to do all of the daily activities that I love.

5. What is your guilty pleasure?

Hmm... So many. Whenever I have a spout of baby fever, I spend hours stalking mommy blogs, reading about cloth diapers, and looking at cute little outfits on Etsy.  

Oh dear... I feel like a bit of a nut admitting that one. It's not too bad, right? I like to think it puts me in the same boat as those girls who fake plan their weddings on Pinterest. I'm just looking for later. 

6. What hobbies do you have that you don’t mention on your blog?

Hmm.... I'm trying to think of things that I haven't mentioned on here before. I really like American baking, yoga (though I've only taken one class since coming to France), dance, Super Mario World, and Googleing every single question that comes to mind. 



I'm not sure who has been tagged and who hasn't. So to avoid any double-ups, I'm just tagging you all. If you feel like this would be a fun post to write, go ahead and do it! 

Pick 6 to answer for yourself:
1. Where is "Home" for you?
2. Why did you start blogging?
3. Which blog are you in love with that you only found out about recently?
4. When you struggle in life, what keeps you going?
5. One goal you would like to achieve before 2014
6. Who has been your role model?
7. What’s your biggest struggle in life?
8. If you could be invisible for a day, where would you go?
9. What hobby would you love to pick up?
10. Tell us something we may not know about you?

.......................................................
I also wanted to take the opportunity to introduce you to the fabulous Heather today. She blogs over at Pretty Strong Medicine and is one of my favorite people to follow on Twitter. This girl's got a big heart and is just starting medical school, but before starting that adventure she spent a year as a nursing assistant. Obviously, this girls got brains. You can read her engagement story here, read her inspiring story about overcoming fear here. And if by chance you're in the mood for a good chuckle, you should read her post about the 10 Types of Pre-med Students.



You get to go in the past and change one thing. What would it be?

If I could change anything, I would probably change when I finally broke out of my shell. I was pretty introvert and quiet as a child and I didn't really get out of that phase until college. I wish I had made this transformation earlier in my life so I would've had the confidence to participate in activities I wanted to join like student government.

Your best blogging advice: Go! :)

I haven't been blogging long but I think the best advice is to blog because you love it, not because you feel obligated. Stay true to yourself and don't try to fit a certain image or way of doing things! I don't have a lot of extra time for blogging so I do it as a stress reliever and to stay in touch with friends and family!


What do you want to be like when you're old? (I probably should have been more politically correct and asked what you'll be like when you're a senior citizen...)

I want to be one of those physicians that practices medicine until they are too old to practice anymore. Then I want to be a cute grandma that volunteers are the library and reads books to little kids. I definite want to continue my thirst for knowlege (it keeps you young!) and keep up with traveling and doing young people things! 

Comments

Popular Posts