Pain au Chocolat - Let's pretend like you're in France Today

Well friends, it's finally Friday! This week's been a little nuts with the lack internet and everything, but I've still managed to get a post up every day thanks to my very kind mother-in-law. Win!

The best part is that I've learned a lot about time management. Since I've only had about an hour or so to connect each day, I've had to learn to get to the point a lot more quickly, and spend less time on Facebook/Pinterest/Yahoo News. It's amazing how quickly you can write a post if you give yourself a strict time limit and avoid "multitasking" while writing it.

Let's talk about one of my favorite treats from France. I think you're going to love it too. Ashley, from Rainstorms and Love Notes, is sharing an awesome and easy recipe for Pain au Chocolate with us today! Make sure you click on over to her blog to see more fabulous recipes or read her adorable love story.


Hi there, lovely readers of Kisses and Croissants! I'm Ashley, from over at Rainstorms and Love Notes, where I write about things like the adventures of owning 3 cats, what I've learned in my first year of marriage, and how to make easy (and delicious!) food.

I'm so excited to be hanging out in Patricia's corner of the internet today! When I read her posts, I always find myself wishing that I were visiting a little French town, sitting in an adorable cafe, sipping on some coffee and enjoying some kind of decadent French treat. I'm sure you guys have all felt that way too, right? Since we're not all able to fly out to visit Patricia in person, I wanted to share a really simple recipe for a French treat called pain au chocolat. It's essentially a chocolate-filled pastry drizzled with more chocolate on top. I think we can all get on board with that!

Let's all whip these up and pretend we're visiting France, ok? :)

Printable Recipe
Serves 8

ingredients:
1 (17.3oz) package puff pastry sheets, thawed
1 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 egg, beaten
2 tbsp butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 tbsp warm water

instructions:
Unfold each sheet of puff pastry onto a floured surface, and roll each into a 10-inch square.

Use a pizza cutter to cut each piece of puff pastry into 4 5-inch squares, for a total of 8 squares.

Place 2 tbsp of chocolate chips in the center of each square.

Brush the edges of each square with the egg, fold over, and press to seal.

Place the pastries on a foil-lined baking sheet, and brush the tops of each one with the remaining egg.

Bake at 350 for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.

Allow the pastries to cool completely on a wire rack. While they are cooling, melt the remaining chocolate chips and butter on low heat, stirring until smooth.

Add in the powdered sugar and water, stirring until silky.

Place a small Ziploc bag into a glass, and turn over the top edge of the bag. Pour the chocolate into the bag, and gather the top, to use like an icing bag.

Cut one corner of the bag, and drizzle the chocolate on top of each pastry.

Creativity is encouraged! A keen eye will noticed that I even wrote my name on one :)

Enjoy!

Adapted from this recipe

Comments

Popular Posts