If You Don't See Me Around These Parts for A Little While...

Yesterday was not my day for internet.

The electrician told us that our internet router box is faulty and is the reason that we keep getting electric shocks from the water sources in our bathroom. He was also nice enough to explain the situation to our provider on the phone, and while they accept that there’s a problem, they absolutely refuse to do anything about it. So last night we just unplugged the whole thing with the hopes that the current would be less strong, and that we could actually washes our faces in the morning.

The lovely people over at Bouygues (our internet provider) saw that we had unplugged our router and assumed that meant that we wanted them to block our entire service. Makes sense, right? After spending 3 hours yesterday morning trying to connect in vain, we called them. They followed up with a text message later that day saying that they might get around to fixing it within the next 8 days or so.

Mind you, Bouygues is also our television and phone provider, which means they blocked those services as well. They told me this right about the same time that I got a message on my cellphone (which is thankfully with a different provider – SFR) letting me know that I was almost out of Internet credits on my phone.  




This is no big deal for my husband, and he just really didn't get why I found the situation so frustrating.  

But let’s be clear. 

The internet connection isn’t the real problem here. The real problems are the incompetence and lack of customer service, which I dealt with on the phone.  Don't even dream of speaking with anyone’s superior on the phone to get things taken care of. They outsource you to poorly paid personnel in Morocco who have very little contact with the people who are actually running the business back in France. 

What kind of phone/internet company really needs 8 days to connect you back onto the internet, and never calls you back when they say they will?! 

I started to worry about my sponsors. If you'd paid for an ad space on someone's blog and they didn't post anything for over a week, would you be happy? Probably not. I also owe people spotlights, and a giveaway within the next few days. This was just a bad week to not have internet.

I was starting to get really stressed out about it, when my wonderful mother-in-law calls up to check in on us and invites us over to use the internet at her place.


Thank You

Happy and relieved, I get there only to realize their internet box needs to be rebooted. No big deal. So I unplug the box, plug in it back in, and 

BAM!!!

A whole section of city's power goes out, because of some construction mishap going on down town. 

No, I am not kidding. 

This is also the moment that I realize I'm being an entitled little brat, and that there are problems much bigger than not getting up my sponsor spotlights on time. Those girls are all sweet and wonderful. I'll do my very best to make up for it later. Life happens.
We waited two hours before deciding that it wasn't coming back on anytime soon and heading home. 

My husband says it's a sign that I need to spend less time on the internet.

I'm currently back at my mother-in-law's trying to type up enough posts to last me until Friday. So if for some reason, you wonder why I'm not answering e-mails or Twitter in a timely matter, it's not because I don't love you. It's because I can't connect to the internet. But I promise to do my best to get back to you as soon as possible! 

Happy Tuesday everyone. Thank goodness it's no longer Monday.

Comments

Popular Posts