That Chick with an Accent

Hey les amies! I've noticed quite a few new faces popping up over the last few weeks, and I wanted to take a few moments to introduce myself.

But first, I'd like to let those of you who've been reading along since the beginning know how much you mean to me. I have the best readers in all of blogland. If you don't believe me, go read the comment section. 99% of the time, the things you ladies have to say are way more interesting than what I post. You've also been there for me through the ups and downs of this whole Expat transition. Your kind words and support mean the world to me!

Skipping ahead to today's post -

I'm sure you've all seen a million of those If You Really Knew Me posts floating around, and now it's my turn! Hopefully, I've thrown in enough new stuff that I won't bore my old readers to tears. I'm also crossing my fingers that at least a few of you will go "Hey! That's me too," you'll tell me about it in the comments, and we'll have one of those great blogging bonding moments where you realize that you're not alone in the world. Now you know there are at least 2 of us that are that weird. :) Here we go:





I've always been a bit of a nomad. Growing up I lived in Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nevada. A month before my 18th birthday, I packed my bags and moved  to Salt Lake City to attend the University of Utah. I then studied abroad in France during my Junior year, where I met my future husband, and after coming home to finish up my senior year in SLC, I moved back to France asap!

A little secret? I'm starting to get restless again, and can't wait for the next adventure!




I'm really into wearing sunscreen and flossing my teeth. See, I can be healthy! Exercising, though? Not so much. But I'm trying to get more into it! Monsieur Right and I are heading off to the pool this afternoon for a few laps.

Despite being aware of how fully barf-worthy the nickname is, I call my husband Monsieur Right on the blog. First of all, this is my blog, and while he doesn't mind showing up from time to time, it's probably best if only our close friends and family are completely in the loop. Basically, if a future employer searches my husband's full name, I don't want him stumbling across this blog. Secondly, using the term "my husband" can be really cumbersome when you're trying to tell a story about something that happened before the two of you were married. Example, "One time, when my then-boyfriend, now husband and I were at the mall..." No. Just no. It's Monsieur Right. That name fits comfortably (and cornily) into all my stories.



I'm at that point in learning a new language where I speak both French & English fluently, but I still make mistakes in French (like telling my niece that her face is farting, instead of sparkling), and I'm starting to speak English like a foreigner. I told someone that I was "going to do sport" the other day. Le Sigh. 

Also, this is what I would look like if I were a pirate.


I love shopping way more than I should.
Unfortunately, I haven't had the guts to go through with any of my purchases lately. 
I tend to take really awkward selfies. It's charming, and I usually end up looking like that girl from the creeper meme. I swear, for every decent looking photo you see on here, I took at least 50 that were terrible.

Exhibit A: 



I don't have any desire to ever run a marathon. Why on Earth is this on everyone's bucket list?

However, you will find scuba diving, watching baby sea turtles hatch on the beach, and watching the film The Sixth Sense on my list. No seriously, I still have never seen that movie.

I also hate pickles with a passion. However, I do love other foods that start with the letter P, such as pretzels, pastèque (that's French for watermelon),  peanut butter, peanut butter cups, peanut butter cup ice cream, and peanut butter brownies.

Your comment challenge for the day is to share with me something that I don't know about you. Go!

Oh, wait. Now I have to tell you a funny story. I'm not the only one who has language hiccups. Sometimes I like to throw a bit of English into our conversations for good measure, so that my husband learns a few new phrases that he can use when we go out to visit my parents.The other day, I was timing him while he was exercising. The following is proof that not all misunderstandings are bad. 

Me: On your mark. Get set.... (pause for dramatic effect) 

Him: Get sex??

Me: Umm. No. Not quite.


Comments

Popular Posts