Bonne Fête

It's 11:55 pm, and we just back from the fireworks show. Today was a little nuts, but wonderful. July 14th is France's national holiday - their equivalent of July 4th. It's also my husband's birthday! I'm always terribly excited for his birthday. He, on the other hand, is not, something about not being a fan of getting older.

We had a big lunch at his Grandparent's house in the country. It was wonderful and long. The party meal started around noon, we actually started eating at one, and it lasted for hours. By 7 pm, I was really ready to be done.

First course: See that sausage inside the piggy holder? It reminded me what sausage was made out of, and I lost all desire to eat it.  That funny looking stuff next to it? Home made liver paté. It's smells as appetizing as it looks... I was not brave enough to try it this time around. I've always been disappointed by paté in the past. I ate the very French bread that you're supposed to eat with it though. That counts as being open to another culture, right?



2nd course: Pizza

3rd course: A Hefty Salad

4th course: Roast Pork

5th course: Zucchini Gratin

6th course: Cheese & Coffee (I don't drink coffee or eat smelly cheese)

Dessert: Snickers cheesecake (that was my contribution), a Trianon (a chocolate mousse cake with a crispy bottom), a pear pie, and two other cakes that I didn't even recognize.

Needless to say, we did not eat dinner. But we did conclude the evening with a fireworks show!




Bonne Fête!

............................................

P.S. 

1. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers this week. I do have some very good news on the job front, but I don't want to say anything until I've signed the contract.

2. I know I promised a Sunday Show-Off with all the Blogging Advice links this week, but real life stepped in, and I'm guessing very few people actually cared about that post anyways :p


Comments

Popular Posts