Little Blogging Cheats and Short Cuts

I said I wasn't going to post on weekends anymore, but I think I was lying to myself. I like writing too much. How about we just say that I no longer feel obligated to post on weekends? That we be much more accurate.

Today I wanted to share a couple of blogging gems that I've found over the last couple of months, because sharing is caring, and I'm in need of some extra karma points.  I'm not even close to being a blogging expert. I've only been seriously blogging (i.e. blogging for people who aren't my mom) for about 2 months now. But sometimes I find wonderful little tricks that make my blogging life so much easier, and I love sharing them with all of you.




1. Making grab boxes for your buttons can be super easy.

You know how there's a whole bunch of complicated html and brainwork required to get those nice little grab boxes for your buttons? Good news! There's a site that does all the dirty work for you. It's wonderful. You just plug in your info and go. Click here to start getting your button on.


2. Adobe let's you download the full CS2 version of Photoshop for FREE on their official website.

Not even kidding. Your welcome. ;)

You can download it from the following link:

for Windows :http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/PHSP/PhSp_CS2_English.exe


for Mac :http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/magic/creativesuite/CS2_EOL/PHSP/PhSp_CS2_English.dmg.bin

Serial number required during the installation : 


1045-1412-5685-1654-6343-1431 (on Windows)

1045-0410-5403-3188-5429-0639 (on Mac )


3. Pluggio

Sometimes you go out of town, or you're just too busy to be on social media for the day. Pluggio let's you schedule your tweets and Facebook posts in advance. It keeps me really organized. Make sure you don't abuse it though. If you start spamming everyone with "read my post" tweets every five minutes, people will stop following you.

Feel free to schedule people's birthdays and nice things like that in advance. :) So many uses!

4. You really should name your photos.

It's easy. It boosts your SEO. It makes your image's easier to find in Google searches and on pinterest. Click here to find out more.

5. Picmonkey

This is a really easy, awesome way to edit your photos. Let's be honest - Photoshop gets complicated. I use it mostly for things that involve fonts, but I have no idea what I'm doing when it comes to making photos pretty. I'm learning, but in the mean time Picmonkey saves my life! It's fast, easy, and it's FREE.



I'm sure there is at least one person reading this who's thinking, "Good Heavens, why does this chick have any right to give blogging advice?" To be honest, I don't, and I know it. Mostly, I'm just flying by the seat of my pants and making this blogging stuff up as I go. I just wanted to share with you my little shortcuts in the hopes that someone reading will go, "Hey! I've always wondered how they do that!" Now you know.

If you have any tips or shortcuts, please please share them. Feel free to link up to posts that you've written in the past about blogging in the comments. I would love to read them! (I need all the help I can get!)

Comments

Popular Posts