Getting Deep



Today I'm joining the Getting Deep link up with Living in Yellow, a really cute blog that I just discovered.

1. If you could do one thing differently in your life, what would it be?

I wish I had picked a more useful major. I majored in French and was planning on being a foreign diplomat or working for the CIA. But now I'm living in France and my degree is completely useless. I was recently told that even my high school diploma doesn't count here. Apparently, despite graduating from a university with a bachelor's degree, honors, and a 4.0,  my education was considered to be of a lesser quality than the standard French high school diploma. That's what the government official really told me. Thanks for keepin' me humble France.... and making me cry.

2. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?


We're planning on moving to New Caledonia. It's a gorgeous French island in the South Pacific. I also hope to still be blogging, maybe have a kid, and have a stable job. 


3. Do you honestly want kids?


Absolutely. Someday. But definitely not right now. I have lots of things that I'd like to do first. You can read about that here


4. What has been the best moment of your life so far?


My first kiss with Monsieur Right. There were fireworks. I thought it was the best thing ever. I was so overwhelmed with excitement, I even lost my shoe while walking away afterwards. He laughed, but I felt so much like Cinderella in that moment that I wasn't even embarrassed. I played it cool. But as soon as that boy left, I called or Facebook messaged all of my best friends to announce it. 


5. What is your life theme song?


My brother says that every time "I Hope you Dance" by Lee Ann Womack comes onto the radio he thinks of me. It's super corny, but that's the first song that comes to mind.


6. What is one thing you have yet to accomplish that you want to do before you die?


I really want to wake up early and go see baby turtles hatching on the beach! Maybe when we live in New Caledonia... :) 


 
So cute, right?


7. If you could choose one thing to be known for, what would it be?

You know that girl who's pretty, smart, and so sweet that you can't help but love her, even though you're really jealous? I would love to be her one day! Baby steps... 


8. If you could do anything you wanted right in this very moment (no consequences, no fear, etc), what would it be?


I would go on huge shopping spree. No limits. It's been months since I've been shopping. My wardrobe's starting to look a bit frumpy and I want some of those gorgeous scarves I see French women wearing all the time. So chic. 


9. What has been the most challenging moment in your life?


 Saying goodbye to Monsieur Right at the airport before our nine month separation and not knowing if I would ever see him again. That hurt for a lot of reasons. Don't worry though! I got back to France as soon as I possibly could and married that hunk! :)


10. Summarize yourself in one word.


Smiley.


Comments

Popular Posts