The Perfect Guacamole

This is a recipe that I've been tinkering with for a while. I've tried a few I've found online and they all end up being to citrusy or too bland. But tonight Laurent and I discovered the most delicious (not to mention super easy) Guacamole base. I call it a base because it's delicious on its own, but you can add whatever you like to it afterwards as well. Tomatoes, onions, pepper, salsa, grilled pineapple... No really, I saw this awesome looking Guacamole recipe that included grilled pineapple here. Yum!



Perfect Guacamole Dip

3 medium Avocados
1/2 tsp of garlic powder
2 tsp of lemon or lime
1/4 cup of fresh cut cilantro
Salt to taste (I used about 1.5 teaspoons)


1. Mash up the avocados with a fork.
2. Mix in the other ingredients.
3. Enjoy!

*Tips - If you put the Avocado's pit into the guacamole it won't turn brown as fast.
Also letting the mixture sit in the fridge for at least 30 minutes before serving lets the flavors blend together better.






Comments

  1. I love guacamole! So glad to see you keep your recipe simple. Some people put mayo in their guac, and it drives me crazy! If you haven't already done so, please come join my How-To Tuesday link party. It would be great to have you join!

    http://housewifehowtos.com/linkage/link-party-2/htt-link-party-15-and-features/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I'd love to know what you think!

Popular Posts