How to Connect to Hulu and Pandora while Abroad

     I love Hulu and catching up on American television series from time to time. Pandora is amazing for listening to music and I haven't gotten into this European Deezer thing yet. So I was really sad when I saw that both are blocked in Europe. It took me a little while and quite a few fruitless downloads to figure it out. Unfortunately, using a proxy server won't help you like it did in high school, when you wanted to get onto facebook and other sites blocked by your schools internet provider. Hulu's got them outsmarted. Instead you have two possibilities.

1. VPN

If you go this route, you'll need a VPN that gives you an American IP address. Hotspot Shield is one of the most popular options, and it's easy (and free).

However, in my experience Hotspot Shield is kind of iffy. It's secure and virus-free and all that, but sometime's Hulu works with it, sometimes it doesn't.

Also, the free version of Hotspot comes with Ad's. Dislike.

2. Add-ons

There are also several add-ons that can unblock Hulu. However my favorite is Hola Unblocker. So far, it has never let me down, you can download it for Mozilla or Chrome and there are no Ad's. Yay!!!



Comments

Popular Posts