Yummy Chicken & Gnocchi Soup
2 Tbsp of olive oil
1/2 a carrot (shredded)
1 medium sized onion diced
1 clove of garlic
2 1/4 cups chicken broth
1/4 tsp Thyme
2 Tbsp corn starch
1 3/4 (40cl) cups cream
1 1/2 cups milk
16 oz (500g) package of Gnocchi
1 cup of spinach (cut in large pieces)
1 cup of cooked chicken cut in 1" cubes
Salt and Pepper according to taste
1. Cut up all your veggies. Cut the leek in half lengthwise and then chop thinly crosswise. Just cut the white part and tender parts of the green on top.
2. Heat the olive oil in a medium sized pot and add the vegetables (except for the spinach) and cook stirring occasionally until the onions become translucent.
3. Stir in the chicken broth, thyme, and corn starch and let cook for 4-5 mins
4. Mix in the cream and the milk and let cook until the mixture begins to thicken.
5. Place the uncooked Gnocchi in the soup and let cook 3-4 minutes.
6. For the last two minutes stir in the cooked chicken and spinach, add the salt & pepper to taste, and cook until heated through.