Better than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce



             The Hubby and I love Alfredo sauce. He'd never tasted it before I made it for him. Turn's out Alfredo sauce isn't Italian ... Sometimes people come back from their study abroad in Italy and they like to be food snotty for a couple of months. "This is nothing like the Alfredo sauce I ate in Italy." "It's just not the same in America. It doesn't even compare." Well everytime I've been in Italy I've kept an eye out for this sauce because I wanted to tasted the real-deal and I could never find it! I made some for an Italian friend and he was like "I remember eating a sauce just like this when I was in America once!" He went on to explain that this sauce is 100% not Italian. So there you go!


Better than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce

4 Tbsp of cream cheese
2 Tbsp of butter
1 3/4 C heavy cream
1 C milk
1 C Parmesan 
3 egg yolks
1 Tbsp of Parsley

Salt and Pepper to taste

1. Melt the cream cheese and butter together in a medium-sized sauce pan.
2. Add the milk and cream to the pan and let simmer. Turn down the heat and add the Parmesan*. Once the Parmesan is blended in take the pan off the heat.
3. Lightly beat the egg yolks in a separate bowl and add a bit of the cream and milk mixture. Once well blended pour the egg/cream mixture back into the sauce pan and stir in well. Cook on very low until until the it starts to simmer. This cooks the eggs and thickens the mixture.
4. Stir in parsley, salt, and pepper. Feel free to add chicken, shrimp, broccoli, or other vegetables to add a bit of flavor and mix things up a bit.
5. Enjoy


*If you have trouble with your Parmesan not melting well, try freshly grated Parmesan  It melts (and tastes) much better than the pre-grated store stuff.

Sorry for the lack of pictures! I'll add some the next time I make this!


Comments

Popular Posts