I Think I'll Just Go Barefoot

Why isn't it Friday yet?! 

This week has been a doozy, and I'm really ready for the weekend. Today, you are not getting any sort of deep, serious post. Being sick and adjusting to the new job has zapped my energy, and even though I really love all the new changes that are happening in my life right now, blogging has definitely taken a backseat this week. Sorry Twitter - I miss you and I'll be back soon, I promise! Inspired by Erin's Bag of Random post yesterday, I'm going to go ahead and post all the random stuff that's been going through my head recently.

Un - Remember that episode of Friends where Phoebe tells Monica about her grandmother's secret French Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe, and it turned out that it was really just the Nestle Toll House one? Yeah... I don't know any French people who know how to make chocolate chip cookies, and if you live here good luck trying to get the Toll House recipe to turn out for you!

French flour is really different, and French butter has a much higher quantity of fat in it. In other words, your cookies will end up looking like a hot mess if you don't adapt your recipe. So far, I've made some pretty terrible cookies through my attempts to "Frenchify" said recipes. Plus, it's depressing when foreign ingredients turn your favorite cookie recipe into a recipe for inflated, bad-tasting, little cakes. But guess who found a winner of a recipe today?! I did! If your American CCC recipes are failing, check out this Salted Butter Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe by David Lebovitz. Soooo yummy!

P.s. On the bright side, these ingredient differences also ensure that  homemade pancakes are 10 times more delicious here! Win!!

This is what my face looked like when I pulled them out of the oven.
Via

Deux - I've been given throat numbing cough drops, nasal purifying spray, and an expectorant to help my coughs be more "effective." The pharmacist explained that they are trying to cure cold by cleaning out the air passages. That's all fine and dandy, but I would really love to stop coughing all night long, dang it. No one can find me anything that helps me fall asleep. I want my NyQuil or a good cough suppressant! When I suggested the idea of a cough suppressant, the pharmacist look horrified. "No! You need to cough it all up! Out with the bad!" and I'm just like, "I also need to sleep and can't do that if I'm hacking up a lung." Just give me the cough syrup and let me go home.

Via
I feel bad for my husband though. The first thing he said upon waking up this morning was, "I think you need to see a doctor." That is a very polite way of saying that I kept him up all night too.


Trois - My wardrobe keeps getting smaller and smaller, because I refuse to pay twice as much as a product is worth. I keep going "This plain, white, poor-quality t-shirt would be $4 in the States. I am not paying $20." "$90 for a pair of simple Converse? NO thank you! I will go barefoot." My situation is slowly becoming more and more desperate... How many days this week do you think I could get away with wearing the same shirt?


Quatre - Speaking of fashion, what is up with all of these transparent tops? I don't get it. I don't actually see people wearing clothing that shows their bras/underwear all the time. That means that only a limited number of girls are buying into this trend. So why can't I find a nice, decent work shirt that's not see through? Here's to hoping that the Autumn fashion trends are a little more family-friendly and practical.


That's all I can give today ladies! Happy Friday Eve!

Anyone else have any random thoughts to share?

Comments

Popular Posts