Living in Another Language

 Guest Post {Sponor Spotlight}


I'm so excited to introduce you to one of my very favorite bloggers, Amanda! She's is so sweet and an awesome friend. This month Amanda and I are doing a sponsorship swap and working on a surprise for you guys that should be super fun. We can't wait to tell you all about it! 

Today, I'm letting her take over my blog. I'm sure you'll adore her as much as I do!
.......................


Hey, it's Amanda from Living in Another Language . I was super excited when Patricia asked me if I wanted to do a featured sponsor swap this month. Patricia and I have quickly become blogging besties, and of course I said yes! We have quite a few things in the works for you guys this month, so stay-tuned! I am currently an expat living in South Korea with my husband. We both teach English as a second language: he teaches at a ship-building company (DSME), and I teach at a small private academy. My blog is about our travels (we always go to different countries for our vacations each year), my love for photography, and any domestic tips that I've learned along the way.


Hiking in Geoje Island, South Korea photo 894419_584953302889_1608532405_o_zps08a5c2db.jpg
Ready for a little Q & A? 

  Describe yourself in five words. 
  Health nut, slightly weird, stubborn, loyal and tall. Sorry, just realized I used 8 words. I'm also a talkative person...if that says anything. 

  What has been the hardest thing to get used to in Korea? 
 It's a toss-up. First and foremost, the distance between me and my family. It's been almost a year and a half since I've seen any of their faces. Traveling to South Korea is not cheap, and it would be nearly impossible for D and I to visit everyone within a week or two's time. My immediate family lives in Missouri, Texas, North Carolina, and California. Derik's immediate family lives in Washington. We are trying to come up with a plan to have everyone meet us in one state. Maybe Hawaii? ;) The second hardest thing? Driving. I feel like ever time I step behind the wheel I'm in a video game. Cars stopped in the middle of the road, grandmas crossing without looking, cats everywhere, people pulling out in front of me...yikes! I'm thankful that neither D or I have ever had an accident yet. Korea has definitely made us defensive drivers for sure! 

  Do you have a favorite place to go where you live? 
 I love the coffee shops here. Although there are an insane amount of them lining the streets...they each have their own 'personality.' One coffee shop sells coffee and pretzels, another sells coffee and beer, and another sells coffee with the coolest designs I've ever seen. I have my favorites, but I do like to visit new coffee shops at least a few times a month.

Some of the cutest coffees I've ever seen. photo 550134_580513974339_1711588133_n_zps7dba1e92.jpg
What exciting thing has happened to you recently? 
 Life in general is exciting. Especially living as an expat in a foreign land. It's so easy for me to forgot that my every day life is actually interesting to people. Going to the store is exciting, teaching class can be exciting, having multiple holiday vacations in Korea is exciting. If I was going to narrow it down to just one thing that's got me pretty excited over the last few weeks it'd have to be buying my blender. After typing that I feel completely lame, but it's true. I've spent the last month making a green smoothie every day for lunch. I feel so much more healthy! I've also received some chia seeds in the mail that I've enjoyed experimenting with. 

What do you want to be when you grow up? 
 The real question is...am I ever going to grow up? The older I get the more I realize that I don't ever want to get to the point where I 'grow up.' My dad, at age 47, is still just a kid. He's my role model. He's not afraid to try new things and start a new job path even at his age! And...he's super cool (he surfs, does triathlons, plays guitar, fixes anything mechanical, and is a machine gunner on a search and rescue helicopter unit for the Air Force). So 'when' I grow up, I just want to be cool. :) As far as jobs go, I've changed my mind so much that it's hard to pick just one. I'd love to be a professional traveler/travel photographer. How about that for a job?

 photo 329403_565420217349_38747044_o_zpsdf81acf3.jpg

What is your favorite thing to blog about? 
 Oh my goodness. What don't I love to blog about? My blog is such a mix of everything that I love, it'd be hard to pick just one thing to focus on in particular. I love blogging about life. I also love to share quirky little tips I find along the way to make life easier. 

  Your favorite beauty tip? 
Don't use shampoo. This is probably the weirdest tip you've ever read-trust me, it was for me too. For the last 2 and a half months I've only used baking soda and vinegar to wash my hair. Now I only have to wash it every 4-5 days, and it rarely gets greasy! It's also grown about 2 1/2 inches in that time. Talk about awesome! 

  If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be? 
 I would stay 25. To me, 25 is the prime age in life. Not only are you old enough to rent a car without underage fees (finally), but I think physically your body is capable of so much! 

  What are your blogging goals? 
 I just want to be able to make a difference in someone's life. If I can impart any knowledge to help someone, that would be the ultimate! I know so many people get caught up in their 'numbers.' It's not about bragging on how many readers I have (actually this is one of my biggest pet peeves). I am more concerned about making sure I have material on my blog that benefits those who read it. 

  Tell us a joke, even if it's corny! 
 Never ask me to tell you a joke. I'm horrible at them. But...Patricia, this one's for you. 

 "A Frenchman walks into a bar with a parrot on his shoulder. 
 The bartender asks, "Where did you get that thing?" 
 The parrot replies, "In France, there are millions of them!"

.........................

You see how cute she is? Stay tuned for more surprises from both of us this month! 
Make sure you check out here:









Comments

Popular Posts